Future Continuous Tense
|I will be singing|
How do we make the Future Continuous Tense?The structure of the future continuous tense is:
|subject||+||auxiliary verb WILL||+||auxiliary verb BE||+||main verb|
|will||be||base + ing|
|subject||auxiliary verb||auxiliary verb||main verb|
|+||You||will||be||lying||on a beach tomorrow.|
|-||We||will||not||be||having||dinner at home.|
|I will not||I won't|
|you will not||you won't|
|he will not|
she will not
it will not
|we will not||we won't|
|they will not||they won't|
We sometimes use shall instead of will, especially for I and we.
How do we use the Future Continuous Tense?The future continuous tense expresses action at a particular moment in the future. The action will start before that moment but it will not have finished at that moment. For example, tomorrow I will start work at 2pm and stop work at 6pm:
|At 4pm tomorrow, I will be working.|
|At 4pm, I will be in the middle of working.|
- I will be playing tennis at 10am tomorrow.
- They won't be watching TV at 9pm tonight.
- What will you be doing at 10pm tonight?
- What will you be doing when I arrive?
- She will not be sleeping when you telephone her.
- We'll be having dinner when the film starts.
- Take your umbrella. It will be raining when you return.